Thursday, August 26, 2010

Solo Video Critique

One thing that is also hard to do?  Writing up the choreography.

Oh mah geebus its hard (pervs reading this resist the pun), 
especially when i'm not one to learn from and be able to follow a write up.






I follow the choreography that's set to me and taught and repeated over and over and over again.  It's why i'm a lot more comfortable in a group performance because someone else is not only doing the choreography but also fixing mistakes.  I am not a lazy person when it comes to dance.  My mother can tell anyone that she has seen me practicing with partners and I've gone to meet up with a fellow 'sister' to practice and learn dances that i have missed.

It's just that i'm more of a DOING person than a reading person when it comes to choreography.  If I had the skill to piece together the bits and pieces that I have so far with the two videos that are complete and then add in the suggestions that Kristal gave me from her ideas.  Which are some things that i know i can do because they are easy and hell... i sometimes do a Mayan walk in the office, most of the time not even knowing about it.

I want to keep the turns in at the end, just have to work on getting that final turn to be as sharp and Zoe Jakes-esque as possible since i've already got ideas of head turns and accents to use. . . 

This will be one hell of a process, but it'll be so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment